Friday, October 3, 2008

Early Onset Curmudgeonry

  • Cubs fans are making themselves far less sympathetic. Last night Wrigley Field sounded like one continuous "boo" for the entire game.
  • Does anyone have a barber who does a decent job removing clipped hair from their head? I have never found one. Every time I leave the barber shop, I have to wash off my forehead, the back of my neck, and ears before I can go anywhere else. If I hire a company to clear a wooded area in my backyard, I don't want the trees sawed down and left where they fell.
  • I have nothing against David Blaine. Yeah he's sort of a douche, but he has pulled off some remarkable stunts. Fair play to him for being the heir to Harry Houdini, David Copperfield, etc. What bothers me is that he also seems to be this generation's Wright Brothers, Charles Lindbergh, and Neil Armstrong. We no longer celebrate men whose accomplishments benefit humanity. We can't name a single active astronaut, but we will watch a guy hang upside for the sole purpose of proving he can hang upside down. (I'm as guilty as anyone else)

No comments: