Monday, September 29, 2008

Prologue

It is tiresome cliche that sports bloggers are overweight failures, who live in their mother's basements. I have frequently found such characterizations misleading. However in my case, they are only off by two floors.

Does this mean my opinions should be taken less seriously? I don't think so. Judge me not on my place of residence, but on the weakness of my arguments and the shakiness of my sentence structure. Surely this post would have been equally as insipid, had it been written from a penthouse overlooking Central Park, instead of the spare bedroom in my parent's house.

This blog's primary aim is to cover New York baseball, in a manner both irreverent and sabermetrically savvy. It will contain the odd bit of foul language and deliberately offensive material. Other sports, pop culture, politics, and general observations are all on the table as well. Feel free to skip any posts you don't like, but I really have no interest in engaging in discussions with people who tell me to "stick to the sports".

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's your father, chopped chicken liver? How is this strictly you're mother's basement? From what I remember, you're basement has a pool table, some sports memorobilia, and furniture/electronics that would point to being a more male owned space. You must give an equal, if not greater "shout out" to Papa Triola for housing and nurturing your soon to be recognized cyber geniusness. Plus, as you said, the man set you up with a $2K IRA. He may not be saying it, but I am sure that he is disheartened at the lack of respect you have initially shown him.

Tremont said...

Yes it is my father's basement, as much if not more than it is my mother's. But for some reason, the cliche about bloggers is that they live in their MOTHER's basement. Thus the title.